Monday, January 2, 2012

The Start of Something New... Like A Year!





Hmmmm... how do I make this post seem different from a traditional Facebook post of a few girls going out on New Years Eve??? I know! I'll only add one picture from the beginning of the night - before we look like we had 1 too many vodka sodas with lime and champagne (which of course we did)! These are 3 of my most bestest friends: Scottee (yes, that's actually her name), Heather, and Bree. We spent the entire evening downtown at Dargan's Irish Pub on State Street, dancing to the tunes of this funky band that consisted of 7 African American men (age range 30-65) and 1 white guy dressed as George Michael. As usual, Bree ended up on stage dancing with our new band friends, and Scottee, Heather, and I settled for the stage stairs where we busted a move with the lead singer's 70 year old mother we dubbed Big Mama. It was pretty awesome! Almost as awesome as the Potato Croquettes that Scottee and I ordered at 10:55pm. The way I like to describe them are Little Golden Nuggets from Heaven, but basically they are mashed potatoes mixed with Irish cheese that are breaded and fried golden brown. In other words, a party in my mouth, especially when dipped in ranch dressing. I know, you're thinking total health nut. It's cool, I understand. When Midnight rolled around, the bartenders provided everyone with Champagne for a toast. I love it when bars do that! It totally brings everyone in the place together. We clanked flutes, wished all the best of luck in 2012 (sadly Auld Lang Syne was nowhere to be heard), and gathered our belongings with the intention of conquering what some believe as the Earth's last year (crazy Mayans)!! I think this was the best NYE I've ever had, which probably means 2012 will be the same! Hey, a girl can hope!! The 7 of us trudged home (4 girls, 2 husbands, and a finace), stopping at Wahoo's Fish Tacos, laughing and eating the rest of the night away. And just for you, since I missed it......

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
For auld lang syne

Happy 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! That was the best NYE that I've had in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Kel you and your girls look like total babes! And of COURSE you would end up groovin' with the 70 year old grandma hahah ;)

    ReplyDelete