Saturday, January 7, 2012

Food With Friends



Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro Downtown Santa Barbara
First up, lunch with Heidi.... FINALLY!!!! She is one of my best friends and we hadn't seen each other since her b-day in November (nevermind that we live 1 mile apart in the same neighborhood)! She spends her time getting buff for Bikini Competitions.... pretty cool, if you ask me! We spent our lunch date at Pierre Lafond Wine Bistro on State Street (most things in Santa Barbara happen on State Street) eating various forms of chicken and drinking wine, well, I drank wine. Isn't there some rule that if you go out to lunch on a beautiful, sunny day in January you have to indulge in a glass? I'm pretty sure there is, and just to make sure I wasn't straying from the law, I had 3. What?! It's not like I knew that the Build-Your-Own-Flight comes with 3 nearly full glasses ;) Not that I'm complaining, because every drop of the Rose, Pinot Gris, and Sauvignon Blanc was thrown down the hatch with delight, I'm simply justifying the 3 glasses. I would never order 3 three glasses of wine at lunchtime....... Haha! I couldn't even type that with a straight face! Any who, the afternoon with Heid was much needed and our joint New Years Resolution is not to let crazy amounts of time pass between visits. Yes!



Brophy Bros. at Santa Barbara Harbor


Onto the next.... Dinner at Brophy Bros. with the Lambes! But first, let's talk about these artsy pics taken with my Hipstamatic app... I kind of die! Makes me feel like I have a good eye and that I'm really creative. Hey, anything to stroke my own ego, right?! Moving on, the night was perfect. Great friends, food, and atmosphere. Friends- I like to think of John and Maren as Billy and I of the future. We're so lucky to have people like them in our lives. Food- Seafood anyone?? Yes, everyone but me, please! I'll take the chicken sandwich with no bun. Atmosphere- Gorgeous night outside on Brophy's patio. There was a nice chill in the air, and our corner table had its own heater so the temp was Wunderbar! Conversation is always so easy on nights like this and there's rarely a dull moment (except when club soccer talk sneaks out of someone's mouth). Haha, just kidding! I love everyone and everything that has to do with Santa Barbara Soccer Club. All that was missing from this evening was the strumming of a guitar around the fire pit and our vocals of anything from Rod Stewart to Oasis or The Beatles. Throw in a little John Denver and we're set! Talk about expanding my musical repertoire, I've learned more songs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s in the last 3 years hanging with these peeps! Stay tuned for more detailed posts in the future about sing-song nights... They are the best!!! Maybe I should title them, "My Nights as a Rockstar!" We shall see.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment